Varo is looking for for an enthusiastic Financial Operations Employee for the FinOps Trading team, based in Rotterdam. In this role you are responsible for the successful day to day financial operations which relate to the financial settlement of trading deals. The operational tasks include processing of incoming and outgoing invoices in our trading and accounting systems, with a strong focus on correctness, completeness and timeliness of transactions. Furthermore you will monitor trade receivables with third parties to contribute to our credit control process. In order to do this you keep in regular touch with colleagues of the Trading department, Operations, Accounting and Tax as well as counterparties outside our company. As a Financial Operations Employee you will report directly to the Teamlead Backoffice trading and be part of a team which consists out of 5 members.
Education and Skills
- Bachelor – Finance /Business/ Economics;
- Fluent in the English and Dutch language; both written and verbal;
- Advanced experience with MS Excel;
- Basic knowledge on derivatives is considered an advantage;
- Knowledge of oil business or fuel business is considered an advantage.
The ideal candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- High accurate;
- Strong communication skills; an inquisitive conversation partner for colleagues of cooperating departments;
- Flexible and energetic; be able to perform in a rapidly changing environment;
- Hands-on: prepared to pick up extra projects where required
VARO is a young, dynamic energy company, which was founded in Switzerland in 2012. Their core competencies are refining, storage and distribution of oil products to wholesale and retail in Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland. Varo sources crude oil for their refineries in Bavaria, Germany, and Cressier, Switzerland, where they manufacture products such as gasoline, diesel or heating oil. Then, they transport, store and distribute them to their customers in Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland.
If you have any questions in relation to this position, do not hesitate to contact Eline van der Stee via email@example.com or +31 (0) 6 18 91 35 41.