As a GL Accountant at Dept you will work within one of the fastest growing digital agencies in the world based in the heart of Rotterdam. The GL Accountant rapports to the Head of Finance. Within Dept you will contribute to the accounting transaction preparation, analysis thereof and reconciliation processes of various business teams. Together with your team you are responsible for the correct and timely monthly/annual closing of various companies abroad. Besides that, the GL Accountant will be challenged to participate in ad-hoc projects like the implementation of new financial systems or the integration of acquisitions. The ideal candidate has at least a bachelor degree, 3 years of accounting experience and makes his or hers second or third career step.
Tasks and responsibilities
- You are responsible for day-to-day accounting tasks such as bank transaction processing and reconciliation, purchase invoice processing and reconciliation, payment batch prepa- ration and more;
- You contribute to the accounting transaction preparation, analysis thereof and reconcili- ation processes of various business teams;
- You assist in closing the books activities;
- You assist in investigating intercompany differences and help to prepare documentation for the annual audit;
- You participate in ad-hoc projects, like the implementation of new financial systems or the integration of acquisitions.
Education and Skills
- You have a completed HBO or WO degree;
- You have at least 3-4 years of experience in a similar position or consulting;
- You have strong analytical and communication skills and are stress-resistant;
- You are proactive, independent, but also an enthusiastic team player;
- You re a star with Excel;
- You speak and write English fluently, other fluent languages (Dutch or German) are a plus.
Dept is an international digital agency of over 1,500 experienced thinkers & makers. One agency uniting creativity, technology and data. Helping reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need. Dept is a young company and the best minds work every day for a wide range of customers, such as KLM, NS, Tesla, Bugaboo, bol.com, Oxxio and Philips. With more than 30 entities in over 8 countries they expand quickly. The head office is based in Rotterdam. For additional information regarding this role please contact Marleen Verhoeven at 06 -24132878 or firstname.lastname@example.org