About the company:
We are looking for a senior accounts payable officer for one of our Amsterdam based clients. The finance and accounting department of the company is one of several supporting departments of the firm consisting of 25 colleagues. The department consists out of the following three sections; Financial accounting, business control and service to cash (Billing, AP, Credit control, data management)
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms and conditions.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Set up invoices for payment.
- Check if correct use of GL coding is used and contact accounting team where clarification is required.
- Track expenses and process expense reports.
- Upload files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Upload and process invoices into system.
- Check employee expense claims using management guidelines prior to processing.
- Action debit/credit adjustments as required.
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records.
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments with the bank accounts and perform check runs.
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions.
- Maintain vendor files.
- Assist with month-end closing.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Prepare reports and analysis of accounts.
- Provide supporting documentation for audits.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Native Dutch
- Proficiency in data entry and management
- Advanced knowledge of excel.
- +5 years of experience in accounts receivable or other finance practices.
- SAP knowledge
Who are you?
- Proper skills in organizing and prioritizing.
- A good attention to detail
- A team player
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills, accounting principles knowledge, resolution and research skills, data analysis and documentation skills.
If interested please contact Alexander Stoelman at: Alexander.firstname.lastname@example.org or 0642231258