The Assistant Controller supports the Manager Finance with the preparation and management of periodical reports, monthly, quarterly and annual closing and the financial reporting process. The Assistant Controller is actively involved in the analysis and reconciliation of accounts leading to an accurate, timely and efficient financial reporting process.
The Assistant Controller works closely with the Finance team and with other teams, he/she replaces the Financial Administrator and Credit Officer when absent.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Daily processing of purchase invoices in cooperation with the Financial Administrator.
- Daily reconciliation of purchase invoices with purchase orders.
- Creation of periodical sales report for the EMEA leadership team (weekly report/on demand).
- Processing of intercompany costs such as internally charged salary/personnel costs, sea freight, duties, reconciliation with the current account etc.
- Controlling and analyzing of financial data and processes in preparation of month / year closing, such as:
- Discounts and margins;
- Account payable/invoices and goods still to be received;
- General Ledger: processing mutations, balancing accounts etc.;
- Stock discrepancies (GL journal entries); reconciliation of stock and administration in ERP;
- Returns (customer orders);
- Costs third parties/suppliers (warehouse, courier etc.) ;
- Obsolete stock;
- Accounts receivable / debtor’s list.
- Assisting the Manager Finance with the preparation for month closing/year closing.
- Assisting the Manager Finance with:
- Revaluation stock;
- Pricing process products (cost price, selling price, margins etc.);
- Creation and reporting of forecasts and budgets;
- Yearly audits.
- Managing / administration of contract administration (suppliers, facilities etc.).
- Managing / administration of company insurances.
- Describing and documenting the administrative organization (company processes).
Education and skills
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- 1-3 or more years of successful experience in a finance and/or accounting role.
- Ability to support the Manager Finance through proactive thinking, administrative/organizational process insights.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills; high level of proficiency in Excel.
- Working experience in an international (multi-site) organization, with a multi-language and multi- cultural business environment.
- Strong communication skills and multi-lingual abilities: excellent level of the Dutch and English language both written and verbal, proficient knowledge of the German language would be preferable.
- Strong attention to detail. Must be able to manage several tasks concurrently.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Davey Borhem at 06 14 79 29 29 or at Davey.Borhem@greenbergstaffing.nl.